Tuesday 14 May 2013

Countdown..... just 44 days to go!

Elliot Lake in the Fall
   

AHHHH - Retirement.......   Just 44 days to go and I will be entering the next stage of life's journey. 

I have been blessed with a career that I have loved. Being an elementary teacher has its challenges, but it has many, many more glorious moments which are ingrained in my memory. The students I have had the honour and privilege of teaching have kept me young, and have taught me so much about myself. The dedication and commitment I have witnessed in my colleagues (on both sides of the Atlantic) have continually inspired me to improve my own skills and abilities, and I believe that I am a better person because of those interactions. Yes - these are the things I shall miss, come June 28th. 

That being said, I am really looking forward to starting a new life in Elliot Lake - 5.5 hours north of Barrie. The change of pace, and the freedom to explore the area, as well as building new relationships is like embarking upon a new adventure. Lots of hiking, canoeing, traveling, and yes.... snowshoeing in the longer winters....   all of these activities are beckoning. 

This is the lifestyle I have dreamed about for so long.... the time freedom to do what I want, when I want, with whom I want, and for as long or as little as I want. 
blogger templatesblogger widgets

No comments :

Post a Comment