Wednesday 5 February 2014

Looking Back....

Looking Back....


There have been times when I haven't been happy with Facebook - and the continual changes to policies that had to be carefully negotiated - especially around the issue of privacy. 

Yesterday, I noticed something that was beautifully done - the Facebook Look Back Movie. 

I just noticed one of my friends had posted one, took a look, and then followed simple instructions for my own. Within an hour, I noticed that countless other people were doing the same - and so it spreads!

It's very clever as they've used their computer data to reproduce the most liked pics, posts, and comments. Tracing from the time you signed up with Facebook to the present, it is very well done, starting and finishing with a collage. 

Here's mine: 

It's great to look back - some of the times had receded in my memory and it was good to see them again, and be reminded of some of the things that give joy and meaning to life. 

I always thought that once I went digital, I would solve the problem of photos staying in boxes and neglected for years. Last year, when we moved from Barrie to Elliot Lake, we went through at least 20 boxes of photos that had not been looked at for over 10 years or more. Surely, once they were on my computer, they would be visited frequently!  Not so! There are some folders that have been left unopened for a longer than I wish to admit! 

What the Facebook Movie Craze had done for me is to ignite the desire to open those folders and take a pleasant, nostalgic walk down memory lane. 

What better to do on a cold, winter's night?

========================================================================

We feel obligated to share what we have found with as many people as possible. 

This may not be for you, but for anyone who may be interested in finding relief from financial stress, take a look at this short movie. 



blogger templatesblogger widgets

No comments :

Post a Comment