Thursday 24 December 2015

Alexander gets his way...

Alexander gets his way!
December 24th

I've often heard people say that cats rule the roost. Well, this morning, I experienced the truth of that saying first hand!

Mark was giving Alexander his breakfast while I was sitting on the couch in the living room, catching up with emails etc.

As soon as Ally had finished eating, he sauntered in, as usual, and climbed up on the couch.

Now, it needs to be understood that there are three seating positions on the couch, and in the middle, there is a lovely warm and inviting blanket all ready for a sensible pussy cat to enjoy.  I was sitting on one end with my laptop in my lap (after all, that's where it's supposed to be!)




He sat on the blanket and surveyed the situation, looking for a small Ally-sized space to occupy.

I spoke soothingly to him and promised that as soon as I was finished, I'd put the laptop back on the coffee table so he could climb on my lap for his morning cuddle. As a sign of my sincerity, I began fussing him with one hand, while trying to type with the other. After all, it was Christmas Eve. (Round 1 to Ally!)

However, he was not totally satisfied with the status quo - being fussed with just one hand (and not having total attention) was obviously not part of his plan! The next thing I knew, a paw was placed on my chest, followed promptly by the rest of him! He then sat totally on my chest, facing the computer, and completely blocking my view!!! 

I was laughing so much, I nearly peed myself! Admitting total defeat by this furry feline, who has already stolen our hearts, and had now stolen my computer time, I carefully put the laptop on the couch beside me... taking great care not to disturb him. Putting the seat into the reclining position, I adjusted my legs so he could be as comfortable as possible.

To his credit, he didn't gloat at all! He just turned around to face me and settled down with a gentle purring rhythm which seemed to say, 'I knew you couldn't resist me!



I chuckled when I realized how easily I had been manipulated!

On the other hand, I had not really lost because I got to cuddle with him, and feel the comfort of his warmth and love for a full hour!




Who cares about emails and posts, when you have the opportunity of giving in to the love of an adorable pussy cat!


blogger templatesblogger widgets

No comments :

Post a Comment